The Plaza Family Band
The "Plaza Family" is a special, close-knit community centered around a special preschool in Charlotte's historic Plaza Midwood neighborhood. For generations, Plaza has nurtured wonderful little people in a loving, open environment, and has created a space where an artistic, entrepreneurial crowd of parents gathers daily with their children: The Playground.
With such an impressive concentration of talented folks pushing swings together, the idea to create a children's album sparked and a few months later, our first album was in production.
Since 2009, The Plaza Family Band has created three albums and enjoyed many performances.
- GASTON GAZETTE: "Plaza Family Band presents Holiday Lights", Nov 2012
- SIMPLEKIDS.NET: "Discovering Local Music Talent and A Giveaway from The Plaza Family Band!", Oct 2011
- WCNC, Charlotte Today: "Farmer in the Dell", June 2011
- KIDZMUSIC.COM: Review, June 2011
- CREATIVE LOAFING: "CD REVIEW: The Plaza Family Band's Wee Jamboree", May 2011
- WCNC, Charlotte Today: Apr 2010
- CHARLOTTE PARENT: "A Hootenanny for the Whole Family", April 2010
- CHARLOTTE MAGAZINE, Mar 2010
- CHARLOTTE OBSERVER: Feb 2010
- GASTON ALIVE MAGAZINE: "The Plaza Family Band", Feb 2010
- CREATIVE LOAFING: La Vida Local: "The Plaza Family Band's new CD is for the kids", Feb 2010
- EXAMINER.COM: "Plaza Midwood band releases first album next week", Examiner.com, Feb 2010